Information for the NAACCR Call for Data
Each year, NAACCR has a Call for Data for its certification process and to produce a new set of Cancer in North America (CiNA) data products.
The NAACCR Data Use and Research and the Data Evaluation and Certification Committees invite you to submit incident cancer cases from your registry for the years 1995 through 2014 to be used for cancer statistics, surveillance, and research projects and activities. All data must be submitted using the NAACCR Record Layout Version 16.
In addition NAACCR is requesting that registries also include 2015 cases in their submission file. The 2015 cases will be used for evaluation purposes only and will not impact inclusion in CiNA or Certification.
All variables must conform to NAACCR standard definitions and codes, as described in Volume II, Version 16 of the NAACCR Standards for Cancer Registries: Data Standards and Data Dictionary.
If you have questions contact Jim Hofferkamp email@example.com.
- Call for Data Letter (Updated: September 14, 2016)
- Call for Data General Instructions (Updated: September 19, 2016 corrected edit set names in section 4 )
- Appendix A. Description of *NEW* CiNA Public Use Dataset (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Call for Data Items (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Duplicate Protocol (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Data Assurance Agreement and Consent Forms (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Data Quality Criteria (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Data Selection Criteria (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Checklist for Reviewing Consent Requirements (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- RUCA and URIC Data Item Description (Updated: September 16, 2016)
- Instructions for Pulling Virtual Pooled Registry Cancer Linkage System File (September 23, 2016)
The SAS programs listed below, except NHAPIIA, are included in NAACCRPrep. They have been posted to give central registry software developers the option to incorporate these programs into their software. If your software does not include these programs, please run your file through NAACCRprep prior to submission.
- Call for Data Inter-Record Edits (10/7/16)
- Call For Data v16 Metafile (9/30/16)
- Edits Configuration Files (9/30/16)
- NAACCR Method to Estimate Completeness Workbook 1995-2013 Updated 11/4/16