user dictionaries

Home Forums NAACCR XML Standard user dictionaries

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    AnonymousValerie Yoder
    Spectator

If anyone is having trouble creating a user dictionary, please post here so we can help you out. You can also find some examples and more information here: https://www.naaccr.org/xml-user-dictionary

Central registries with locally defined data items should aim to create and provide user dictionaries to vendors by October 1, 2020 to reduce the chance of delay for deployment of NAACCR v21 software.

AnonymousFabian Depry

There is also some good information on this wiki page:

https://github.com/imsweb/naaccr-xml/wiki/3:-NAACCR-XML-Dictionaries

In particular, the page contains links to 3 free software that can be used to create dictionaries. Those applications provide a nice GUI, they will validate the content and write it nicely formatted. Trying to create a dictionary by hand is not recommended.

I have used XML+ to create a state-specific user dictionary that includes my state-specific fields. Do I leave the defaulted NPCR fields in it if we do not require those fields (height, weight, etc)?

AnonymousValerie Yoder
    Spectator

Hi – you don’t need to include the default NPCR fields if you don’t require them from data contributors. I believe they were included in the tool to make it easier for those registries that do.
    Your state’s user dictionary can just include those data items that you request from hospital registries or other data contributors, that are not in the NAACCR data dictionary.

AnonymousBenh VIen Emcas
    Spectator

Thanks Valenie Yoder!

AnonymousEmpire City
    Spectator

Many thanks Valerie Yoder

AnonymousNin Nin
    Spectator

Thanks you Valerie Yoder

AnonymousBizad Bizad
    Spectator

hello, thanks.

AnonymousPeter Smith
    Spectator

hihihi

AnonymousKusumu Michael
    Spectator

Thanks for sharing it, Great Post!!!

Lead generation ideas

AnonymousRichard Duet
    Spectator

great topic

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘NAACCR XML Standard’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors