Edits involving Schema ID 00421

Home Forums Edits Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators Edits involving Schema ID 00421

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AnonymousLoretta Huston
    Spectator

One of our reporting facilities has a case with a rare but apparently valid site & histology combination, yet it is failing two edits related to Schema ID:

Tag #N2824, _SYS Schema ID, Primary Site, Histology, Behavior (NAACCR) and
    #N5015, RX Summ–Surg Prim Site, Schema ID, Primary Site (COC).

The case’s coded values include Dx Year=2019, Primary Site=C63.7, Histology ICDO-3=8910, Behavior=3, Surgery=60. Their software is assigning Schema ID 00421, and when I tested it in our central registry software we get the same results. The edit messages say Schema 00421 is not valid for site C637 and 8910/3, but this combination is listed in both the SSDI Manual Appendix A and AJCC 8th Edition chapter 42.

I’m wondering if there’s a problem with the logic in these 2 edits? I checked the Schema ID tables in EditWriter and it looks like this site/histo combination might be missing. Thank you!

Jim Hofferkamp
    Keymaster

There was a problem with the tables used by these 2 edits, C637 and C638 not accounted for in table used by
    Tag #N2824, _SYS Schema ID, Primary Site, Histology, Behavior (NAACCR), C637-C639 not accounted for in table used by #N5015, RX Summ–Surg Prim Site, Schema ID, Primary Site (COC). The 2 tables have been corrected in v21.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors