TNM Groups Beh 3 with Insitu 88

Home Forums Edits Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators TNM Groups Beh 3 with Insitu 88

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

We are using the NAACCR v16E edits metafile and wanted some feedback on how registries are resolving this edit. The TNM Path N cannot equal 88. If you select p0 you get a different edit for no nodes being pathologically examined and you are not supposed to use pX. There is not an option for c0.

AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

We have not ran into an issue with this edit (yet?). What is the site/histology combination and behavior code of the case(s) where you are seeing the error?

AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

Primary Sites C16.5 and C16.8, both with a histology of 8936
    Edit: TNM Groups Beh 3 with Insitu 88 (CoC)
    Error: For Primary Site (C165), Histologic Type ICD-O-3 (8936), and Behavior Code ICD-O-3 (3), all TNM fields must not =88
    Edit: TNM Groups Beh 3 with Insitu 88 (CoC)
    Error: For Primary Site (C168), Histologic Type ICD-O-3 (8936), and Behavior Code ICD-O-3 (3), all TNM fields must not =88

AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

There is an AJCC schema for GIST tumors of the stomach – chapter 16 in the 7th edition manual. It covers histology codes 8935 and 8936 for ICD-O-3 topography codes for esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, recto-sigmoid junction, rectum, and retro-peritoneum & peritoneum. So the TNM fields should not be 88 for these cases unless they are in situ.

You mentioned that cN0 was not an option, is that within the registry software? We use Web Plus and we do currently see a cN0 option (attached screenshot), although not a cN1 option. That may be because we don’t have the latest TNM DLL yet, but 16E edits should allow for cN1 also in the pN category for these cancers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

cN0 is not a option to select in the software and if I manually put cN0 in the field I get another edit error that states that is not a valid code for Path N.

AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

In our software system the valid values does not contain the “T”, “N”, “M”, so it would be just “c0” in the pN field instead of “cN0″. Does just entering “c0” resolve the error?

AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

No, I tried c0 and that causes the edit I mentioned earlier about the invalid Path N. I read another post that was started by Jennifer on 6/1 related to this same issue and based off of the response it was suggested she use c0 to resolved the GIST edit error issue so I guess this has something to do with the software DLL or something else and c0 should be valid. We use the registry Plus suite of software and I am trying to resolve these edits in CRS Plus on the consolidated records.

AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

I did a query for 2016 GIST cases we have in pending (we also use CRS Plus) and consolidated one. I think I was able to replicate the error you are seeing. Is the attached screenshot the invalid Path N error that you see? If so, that is a CRS Plus error message, and not an edit related error.

We don’t have the latest CRS Plus release yet (we are still on the 2/27/17 version), but according to an email from CDC on 6/12, since the Feb 2017 release, the latest TNM DLL has additional clinical N values added to TNM Path N for all GIST schemas. If you have the latest version of the Registry Plus suite of software, but are still seeing this error, then it seems something’s wrong with the latest TNM DLL…

Attachments:
    AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

Yes, this is the same error message. We are on the same CRS version as well version 3.15.0 dated 2/27/2017. I would agree, there must be something wrong with the DLL.

Attachments:
    AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

Mystery solved! The latest version of the Registry Plus suite of software (POST Feb 2017) is needed to run with 16E edits.

AnonymousMichael Castera
    Spectator

I am using the NAACCR v16E editset in CRS Plus so unless there is a problem with my metafile I don’t know what else could be causing this issue.

Jim Hofferkamp
    Keymaster

I just checked and there is a more current of CRS than 3.15.0 that was released in February. The most current version of CRS is necessary to run v16E. I think that is why you are not seeing the cNO listed as a value for the pN data item for GIST.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors