Primary Site, TNM Path Stage Valid B- Ed 7 (COC) SSF 10 999

Home Forums Edits Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators Primary Site, TNM Path Stage Valid B- Ed 7 (COC) SSF 10 999

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

I was consolidating a prostate case today where prostatectomy was done but no Gleason score (GS) was noted from the surgery. Gleason score from biopsy was 10. pT2A, pN0, cN0 PSA 1.49. However, I am getting an edit error forcing me to make the stage group 1 instead of 2B (based on the GS from biopsy). Per the 16D admin notes, logic is suppose to use the higher of SSF8 and SSF10 in validating stage group, except when SSF8 is 988, 998, 999. When I tested it in EditWriter 5 and it seems to be because “010” is not technically >= “999”, so the edit logic skipped evaluation of SSF8 (which would have assigned it pathspec of 3 in the table PAST7VAL), but used the 999 in SSF10 and assigned it pathspec 9 and path stage 1. Is this a staging error or edit issue? Screenshots attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

Response from NAACCR:

It looks like this is an edit issue. Edit updated, both SSF 8 and SSF 10 set to 000 if = to 998, 988, or 999

AnonymousRuth Li
    Spectator

Clarification – the edit was updated for v18.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Vendor and Central Registry Metafile Administrators’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Copyright © 2018 NAACCR, Inc. All Rights Reserved | naaccr-swoosh-only See NAACCR Partners and Sponsors