CINA Deluxe Analytic File
NAACCR receives de-identified resident cancer case information from member registries across the US and Canada.With the permission of the submitting registry, NAACCR combines the incidence data from registries that meet all NAACCR requirements for completeness and quality into a single comprehensive data file. This file, called the CINA Deluxe Analytic File, is available to NAACCR member researchers who are interested in using the data for cancer surveillance research and NAACCR Committees/Subcommittees for approved analyses. An application for accessing the CINA Deluxe Analytic File must be submitted and approved before the file can be accessed.
- Applications that do not request funding from NAACCR are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by the Data Use and Research Committee (DURC) on its monthly conference call.
- Applications that request funding from NAACCR are accepted quarterly up to the following deadlines: February 15th, May 15th, August 15th, and November 15th; these applications are reviewed by the DURC Research Proposal Review Subcommittee.
If you are interested in using NAACCR CINA Deluxe Analytic Data for a special project or study, outlined below are the first steps you should take before submitting an application request.
- Review the variable list below to determine if the file contains the data you need for your analysis.
- Have a working knowledge of cancer surveillance methods and an understanding of the data coding schemes used for your proposed study period.
- Thoroughly review the Information for CINA Deluxe Data Investigators.
- Review which central registries and the data from which years for each registry are included in the CINA Deluxe data file and understand the CINA Deluxe inclusion criteria.
- If you are not a NAACCR member, contact a NAACCR registry member or other member organization and discuss your proposal idea to determine if it is feasible based on available CINA Deluxe data. The principal investigator for any CINA Deluxe application must be a NAACCR member. Researchers who are not NAACCR members may serve as co-investigators and/or apply for Individual membership.
The links below provide the information on 1) the list of variables included in the CINA Deluxe data file and 2) registry data fitness for use (meeting high-quality incidence data standards).
Request for Data Application Packet
Request for Data and Funding Application Packet
NAACCR Committee/Subcommittee Application Packet
If you have questions, suggestions, or comments regarding the CINA Deluxe dataset, please email email@example.com.