CINA Deluxe Analytic File
NAACCR receives de-identified resident cancer case information from member registries across the US and Canada. With the permission of submitting registries, NAACCR combines the incidence data from registries that meet all NAACCR requirements for completeness and quality into a single comprehensive data file. This file, called the CINA Deluxe Analytic File, is available to NAACCR members who are interested in using the data for cancer surveillance research and to NAACCR Committees/Subcommittees for approved analyses. Researchers may request access to the CINA Deluxe Analytic File by submitting an application to NAACCR.
Applications are accepted any time and reviewed by the Research Application Review (RApR) Workgroup during its monthly conference call.
- If, when proposing to analyze
CINA data, researchers select a single state or province as the research
subject, the work group will request that the PI first contact the state or
province central cancer registry for authorization to obtain their data for the
proposed study. The work group will require direct authorization from the
subject registry before the application will be considered.
- Research proposals, all
documents that accompany proposals, and communications about proposals are
confidential. The volunteers who constitute the NAACCR Research
Application and Review Workgroup will maintain confidentiality of all documents
related to CINA requests.
Important steps before submitting an application request:
- The list below identifies the variables that are available in the file. Review the list to determine if the file contains the data necessary for your analysis.
- Develop a working knowledge of cancer surveillance methods and an understanding of the data coding schemes used for your proposed study period.
- Thoroughly review the Information for CINA Deluxe Data Investigators.
- Review and understand the CINA Deluxe inclusion criteria, which central registries are included in the file, and the years for which data from each registry are included in the CINA Deluxe data file.
- If you are not a NAACCR member, contact a NAACCR member registry or other member organization and discuss your proposal idea to determine if it is feasible based on available CINA Deluxe data. The principal investigator for any CINA Deluxe application must be a NAACCR member. Researchers who are not NAACCR members may serve as co-investigators and/or apply for individual membership.
The links below provide the information on 1) the list of variables included in the CINA Deluxe Analytic File data file and 2) registry data fitness-for-use (meeting high-quality incidence data standards).
Request for Data: Application Packet
NAACCR Committee/Subcommittee Application Packet
If you have questions, suggestions, or comments regarding the CINA Deluxe dataset, please email CINA@naaccr.org or Recinda Sherman at email@example.com.