Serves as the Program Manager for data evaluation, data use, and research activities for NAACCR, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Provides professional support and expertise for the activities of the NAACCR Data Use and Research priority area and NAACCR Institutional Review Board. Works with Executive Director and NAACCR committees to define and implement the NAACCR research program. Promotes, initiates and conducts research using cancer surveillance data.
- Work directly with NAACCR members to improve collection of high quality cancer surveillance data for research purposes.
- Use cancer surveillance data submitted to NAACCR for research that addresses topics of national importance or interest.
- Work with NAACCR members on the development of a virtual pooled data resource and the improvement of payer data.
- Promote the use of cancer surveillance data by researchers, policy makers, and analysts on extramural projects.
- Work with Executive Director and NAACCR leadership groups to establish a research program for NAACCR.
- Provide leadership to NAACCR committees, work groups, and special studies in the development, implementation, and interpretation of cancer surveillance data from multiple population-based registries.
- Coordinate requests for NAACCR data and cancer surveillance information, including special research projects.
- Has technical and administrative responsibility for data evaluation, research, surveillance, and publication activities of NAACCR.
- Work with Executive Director to expand media presence and venues to showcase cancer surveillance data, and promote surveillance research.
- Conduct research and publish results in scientific, peer-reviewed journals. Collaborate on special studies using multi-registry data with NAACCR research groups. Support the NAACCR IRB as needed.
- Support the analytic and research activities of the Executive Director including grant writing and procuring funding.
Masters or doctoral degree or equivalent work experience in public health, cancer surveillance, biostatistics, cancer epidemiology, or related field. Experience in cancer research, public health surveillance, population-based cancer registry highly desired. Demonstrated knowledge of sound research methods, statistical analysis, and cancer statistics required. Strong communication skills, ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks, excellent writing skills, and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a team player are essential.
Excellent salary and benefit package available. Ability to work remotely or telecommute is possible. Please send CV to email@example.com by November 16, 2012.