Manager, National Cancer Data Base (NCDB) Information and Data Standards
American College of Surgeons
Summary: This position manages NCDB technical data quality and standards by submission of cancer registry data, supports the Commission on Cancer (CoC) accredited hospital registrar community and participates in changes to national standards for data definitions; works with outside organizations to assure quality and continuity of data requirements, communicates external trends and needs to NCDB and CoC staff and leadership and assists with CoC IT and training activities. The position is based in our headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
This Exempt position will report to the Senior Manager, NCDB in the Division of Research & Optimal Patient Care.
• Administer and support NCDB annual Call for Data. Work with hospital registrars, internal IT staff, and external software vendors to support submission of data from accredited hospitals. Work with Edits software program and Completeness & Default Overuse report and other communications.
• Support coding questions from hospital CTRs and on Cancer Forum. Assists Education Section in identifying registrar needs and training methods.
• Act as an internal resource to NCDB staff regarding data quality, standards and accreditation requirements. Support NCDB IT data transformation rules which implement FORDS, staging and other rules as input for data warehouse.
• Perform and assist others in carrying out data analysis; write reports, proposals and articles.
• Maintain the Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS) coding manual. Represents NCDB and CoC on registry data related inter-organizational committees and work groups (NAACCR, AJCC, ACS and others).
• Manage, support and mentor staff in all areas of User Support. Optimize FTE talents, knowledge base, processes and use of tools to support users.
See full description and online application at https://rew12.ultipro.com/AME1058/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*33B8EDF556A27C96
633 N. Saint Clair
Chicago, IL 60611